Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Dodd

2 posters

Go down

Chris Dodd Empty Chris Dodd

Post by CJ Racing October 11th 2016, 10:19 pm

Name: Chris Dodd
Birthplace: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Where he currently resides: Either in Charlotte, North Carolina(While Racing) or Melbourne, Florida(During the Off-Season)
AES Debut: S20 American 700 IX
Current team: #08 Oreo's Chevy for CJ Racing
Owner of CJ Racing
Best points finish: Rookie

Chris Dodd's childhood history is relatively unkown. He was born in the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, and is the oldest of 2 children that his parents had. One of the big things that Dodd has told is how he was homeschooled. His Parents taught him how to speak English, Spanish, and some Hebrew at a very young age, which would be very important as he went along in life. He is single, and is waiting "For the one that God has for him". He currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina, however during the Offseason he visits his friends and family in Melbourne, Florida.

From the time he was 6 years old he loved watching race cars, particularly the ARCSOA Elite Series. But while his love for speed was prominent early on in his life, he didn't actually get his first chance at racing until he was 13 years old... But boy, once he got started, there was no stopping him. From Go-Karts to Quarter-Midgets, and everything in between, he was winning left and right. He quickly became best friends with another young racer named Tommy Turbo(who is now the Co-Owner/Spotter/Part-time driver for CJ Racing). By the time he was 16, he was a Champion in 4 different racing series, and was on as a Co-Host to the(at the time) newly hit Sports Radio show on SiriusXM called "The Marty McGee Show", with young driver-turned-Radio Host Marty McGee. Dodd still comes on sometimes to give his take on the world of sports and racing, and McGee occasionally drives for CJ Racing in a variety of series.

Once Dodd turned 16, some very important moments happened in his personal life and racing career that would massively impact the way he is today, and more importantly, brought him to the ARCSOA.

After his 16th B-Day, he was invited by an Israeli Racing team known as Livi Motorsports to try out for their US-based team. During his time there, he was able to go back and forth between Israel and the USA, not only for "training", but also to see the Country that Dodd had yearned to see from the time he was very young. While there he met some young Israeli and European racers, including the Gurion Twins(Moshe+Ben Gurion). They became quick friends, and during the time they were together they would teach each other how to speak English and Hebrew respectively.

Unfortunately, after almost 2 years of training, LM shocked the world by firing him from the team. It was an unexpected announcement, and one that would become very controversial, particularly in the Israeli community, which had begun to really cheer on Dodd. After a couple of weeks of looking for a ride, he was offered a ride in the Southeastern Short Track Series, where his career really bloomed. Within the next year he had racked over a dozen wins, and quickly rose through the ranks. His dream of racing in the big leagues was nearly in his grasps... And then came his big break.

The MERL(the now recently defunct Middle-Eastern Racing Series) charged the LM team with conspiring against Puerto Rican drivers, saying that the LM team was "giving them the opportunity" and then tossing them out and virtually destroying the driver's public image. Livi Motorsports was forced to sell out, and part of the money from the auction was given to the 7 Puerto-Rican drivers affected, and Dodd was also given an additional amount. The rest of the money was given to a new startup team called Levin-Friedmann Motorsports, who were not allowed to restart the "Training Camp". LFM gave several drivers from the now defunct LM team a chance to drive for them, including the Gurion Twins. Ben Gurion would stay with the team for now, but Moshe Gurion went to the USA with Dodd, and began his own racing journey in the USA.

In the middle of all of this, the biggest moment in Chris Dodd's racing career was about to come to fruition, when Action Terra announced that Chris Dodd would not only run for them in S20 of the ARCSOA Lites Series, but that he would also run the S20 AES American 700 IX. It was a dream come true, but it was not nearly over yet.

In the American 700 IX, he ran into some issues trying to make it unto the main event, but (thanks in part of his teammates/friends Tommy Turbo, Marty McGee, and Javele McGee), he was able to race in the American 700... And boy did he run well! Not only did he stay out of trouble, but he ran extremely competitively, and surprised the ARCSOA world by finishing 7th!

And as they say, the rest is history! Dodd used the money that was given to him by the auction to startup CJ Racing in S21. He made a technical alliance with ARCSOA America for S21, hired Joshua Michaels, and found sponsorship in Oreo's and Tropicana. CJ Racing has had a solid first season, and have continued to grow as the season has progressed. They were able to startup a ALS team, and have continued to build their brand. They are also bringing in John Arndt and Scott Roush for S22, and have picked up sponsorship in Zaxby's, DMR/SPYoptic, and Ale81.

And now to the present day, where it was recently announced that Levin-Friedmann Motorsports and CJ Racing have made a technical and driver alliance. Not only that, but CJ Racing has also announced that they are opening up their own "Driver Training Camp", taking the lessons learned from the LM days, and hopefully improving on it to become what it was truly meant to be.

The future is looking very bright for Chris Dodd, and rest assured that he is just as excited as anyone to find out just how bright that future can be.

Last edited by CJ Racing on October 11th 2016, 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Chris Dodd Empty Re: Chris Dodd

Post by CJ Racing October 11th 2016, 10:27 pm

It's the first time I've ever really written anything like this(at least in this much detail), let me know what you think! Also, I wrote this entirely on my phone, so apologizes if there are any typos...
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 11th 2016, 10:39 pm

Noice! I find it funny that I came from your old team.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing October 11th 2016, 11:03 pm

Hsuorttocs wrote:Noice! I find it funny that I came from your old team.

Thanks man! Yeah, it's pretty crazy, isn't it? Glad to have you onboard next season!
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 11th 2016, 11:15 pm

CJ Racing wrote:
Hsuorttocs wrote:Noice! I find it funny that I came from your old team.

Thanks man! Yeah, it's pretty crazy, isn't it? Glad to have you onboard next season!
Glad to be onboard a team at all!
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down