Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pointless arguing in SCS thread again.

+4
Mr.YAMP
f1fan
FitzwaterAustralia59
FUEL
8 posters

Go down

Pointless arguing in SCS thread again. Empty Pointless arguing in SCS thread again.

Post by FUEL February 20th 2017, 11:12 pm

Jordan Davis coming off a win at California finally ended the streak the Ford teams had going of 3 straight races. The battle came down to Jordan Davis and Jeff James. They had ran nose to tail all race. With no competition from anyone else Davis and James stormed away from their competition by an entire straight away. The trash talking all week leading up to the race by Mace Enterprises and Martin Motorsports was down to a one on one battle from 2 drivers repping for their teams.

In the end it was Jordan Davis, leading 70 of the 75 laps. Jordan Davis had this to say after the race, "If you told me 3 years ago that I would win 5 or more races before I retire I would've told you to stop lying. Seriously can't thank Mace enough for giving me the opportunity to race for his team. It means a lot. I thought my career was done, that I was a one trick pony and wouldn't be able to rebound. It's so amazing to be in the 5 or more club but I wanna be in the 10 more club."

When asked about the drama between the two teams of Mace Enterprises and Martin Motorsports if that had anything to do with his drive today to win he said, "The beef between the teams doesn't concern me. I'm only worried about how I'm going to do. Yes I was fired up to beat Jeff, after that heart break at Las Vegas I wasn't going to let him take 2 races away from me in a row. I would've fought anyone as hard for it."

During the media center Jordan was also asked what he had thought about the Ford dominance so far this season and if he was worried that maybe the Ford teams could pull a "2015" where they win a lot of races, Jordan Davis said, "I don't like that we're blatantly pointing out Chevy vs Ford or Mace vs Martin. James Silverfox won Daytona. Jeff James won the last 2 races. Not Martin, but James. Yes I was mad that I had Las Vegas taken from me in the closing laps but I'm not here to say I won for Chevy or that I won for Mace. I won for myself. At Las Vegas those weren't teammates behind me in that moment, but competitors wanting to take my win away. It just ended up being Jeff and Dom who took it from me instead of Mace and Lynn. Either way, yes I'm happy I won with Mace and Chevy but I don't like how we are viewed as going to war with Ford or to war with Martin Motorsports. In the end, we are all out there for a similar goal just because some Ford cars have been winning doesn't mean they are dominating and I'd like if me and Jeff James had gotten credit for our battle instead of it being pictured as a "Mace vs Martin" battle compared to it being a "Davis vs James" battle."

Last edited by FUEL on February 21st 2017, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Pointless arguing in SCS thread again. Empty Re: Pointless arguing in SCS thread again.

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 February 21st 2017, 12:49 am

Ok we get it. Let's move on please
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Pointless arguing in SCS thread again. Empty Re: Pointless arguing in SCS thread again.

Post by f1fan February 21st 2017, 11:53 am

Sean: The only thing I got out of this was Jordan Davis basically whining that he doesn't get enough credit for winning. He wants the battle to be called a James vs Davis battle. How arrogant do you have to be to essentially throw your team under bus. Which is effectively what he's doing. He will come out and deny it, like he always does, but the writing is on the wall. He said he is not winning for his team, he is winning for himself. In a team business such as the SCS, you have to realize you aren't by yourself. Every time the majority of us go out on track, we race for our teams. Jordan (Davis) wants to take ALL the credit for himself, and give none of it to his team. If I were working on the #5 car, I'd feel pretty demoralized by the way he just stabbed them in the back. If anything, Jeff James is one of the most professional and nicest guys in the paddock. Yes, he has the fastest car on the grid. But he's at least humble. Plus, Jeff James isn't out there begging for attention. He is letting his on track actions write that for him. Davis on the other hand is crying because we are referring this battle by teams, simply because he is a self-absorbed/narcissistic person who values inflating his own ego. I highly doubt he would go around saying that this is a Davis vs. James battle. It has always been clear to me that Jordan Davis has been one of the most arrogant guys on the grid. But he just stooped to even a lower level than I thought he would. He threw his team under the bus. And I am still clueless as to why people don't think I am a team player...

Last edited by f1fan on February 21st 2017, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP February 21st 2017, 2:05 pm

OOC: Noah changed added to what I said. Mace Enterprise didn't win the race a driver for mace won it. I didn't even want it to be consider James vs Davis. I just wanted it to be another win. I even said something about how I'm more concerned on working with my crew chief and engineer and making sure we're ready rather than what was going on between Mace and Martin. That was cut though. I'm tired of all the manufacturer team bull crap. James Silverfox won Daytona in a Ford for YAMP. It wasn't YAMP who won it or Ford. I was just pointing that out. I even used Silverfox and James in my example "interview". So Kenny shut up Noah cuts everything down or adds stuff that way it's not long winded.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins February 21st 2017, 2:53 pm

OCC: I'll be in-character so don't take anything I say to heart Yamp. I'm bored so I decided to get Collins to say something.

Collins: Even though he's my teammate, I still don't agree with lots of things Perkins says or has said. But I've got to agree with him here. You took the checkered flag, yea, but it wasn't just you who got the win. It was a win for both Chevy and your team as well. They deserve as much credit as you. If it weren't for your team, you wouldn't've won. I mean, unless you can win as a one man show. I would be pissed if I was your crew, discrediting them like that. Maybe an apology is needed?
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing February 21st 2017, 3:14 pm

Dodd: "I agree with Perkins and Collins."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs February 21st 2017, 3:37 pm

Roush: *Laughing* I just wanna be good enough to say this type of stuff
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 February 21st 2017, 3:53 pm

Finguy: "Well, that was disrespectful on both sides of the coin. The sport needs every part to move to a goal for a win or a championship. This goes for people who say that they only win for themselves, or people who just frankly run their mouths pointing out faults everywhere. Just be happy you both have teams to drive for."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP February 21st 2017, 4:04 pm

OOC: Daytona 2015. Finguy knows this story and hates it. Ford became the first manufacturer ever in NASCAR history to win Truck, Xfinity, and the 500. In the same weekend. As a little bonus they also won 24 hours at Daytona. Wanna know how many news networks covered that. None. Ford didn't even make a post about it till I sent them a message on Twitter. That's how little it matters about cars and teams. That drivers are everything. In the sense of being realistic I'd rather not sit here and relive 2015 where everyone hated Martin and YAMP because we won a lot of races. Davis won the race not Mace or Chevy, but he won with their support and for them.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP February 21st 2017, 5:29 pm

OOC: ask youself this as well. 1st question I thank Mace and for the opportunity. 2nd I talk about how the drama didn't bother me. 3rd out of no where I didn't win for mace. I made Davis reply "no comment" and Noah took something from a conversation that wasn't apart of the interview and squeezed it in. While that 3rd question is my pov on the series. That it is ridiculous that we focus on manufactuers it wasn't part of the interview and really wasn't straight from Davis' mouth.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP February 21st 2017, 5:40 pm

Davis:
#1 said that
#2 missing the part where I said I work with my crew chief and engineer.
#3 I have no idea where that came from. I said no comment to that question fearing the drama it would create.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 21st 2017, 9:18 pm

Sean: 

Pointless arguing in SCS thread again. Giphy
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 21st 2017, 9:21 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:OOC: Noah changed added to what I said. Mace Enterprise didn't win the race a driver for mace won it. I didn't even want it to be consider James vs Davis. I just wanted it to be another win. I even said something about how I'm more concerned on working with my crew chief and engineer and making sure we're ready rather than what was going on between Mace and Martin. That was cut though. I'm tired of all the manufacturer team bull crap. James Silverfox won Daytona in a Ford for YAMP. It wasn't YAMP who won it or Ford. I was just pointing that out. I even used Silverfox and James in my example "interview". So Kenny shut up Noah cuts everything down or adds stuff that way it's not long winded.

OOC: Oh Yamp, what will it take for you to understand what "IN CHARACTER" means! Quit trying to Mary-Sue your character...
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum