Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 14 of Ohio @ Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport

+9
day500champ1
Rovenami
BugattiNightRide
FUEL
NRacer96
DKurtis
Hsuorttocs
FitzwaterAustralia59
f1fan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 14 of Ohio @ Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport Empty Round 14 of Ohio @ Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport

Post by f1fan March 5th 2017, 3:18 pm

OOC: This will also include the Hall of Fame race!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 14 of Ohio @ Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport Empty Re: Round 14 of Ohio @ Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 5th 2017, 3:38 pm

This should be fun
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Round 14 of Ohio @ Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport Empty Re: Round 14 of Ohio @ Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport

Post by Hsuorttocs March 5th 2017, 3:56 pm

Roush: Ahhhh, the mistake on the lake
Lethinen: Wait we are on a lake
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 5th 2017, 4:00 pm

Hsuorttocs wrote:Roush: Ahhhh, the mistake on the lake
Lethinen: Wait we are on a lake
No lol
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 12th 2017, 1:52 am

Kenny: Randy Carpenter is racing with us! How cool is it to see him back on the grid. 

Kenny: Jake Warren and Mason Gordon are also racing with us! The original guard is coming back for one last race. 

Kenny: The HOF race may be the last for a few more people than we might think.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DKurtis March 12th 2017, 11:09 am

Kurtis: "Just gonna have to wait and see how we do, haven't had the best of starts so far."
DKurtis
DKurtis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs March 18th 2017, 2:57 am

The 6 that move on
-------------------------
Zachary Fitzwater
Jeffrey Finguy
Henry Sandfer
Skyla Johnson
Bobby Jones
Jay Stella
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 18th 2017, 4:51 pm

OOOOOOOOOO
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by NRacer96 March 18th 2017, 9:40 pm

Bobby: I had to rush my ass to get here since i got a call from Porsche Developments that i will be driving the #17 for the rest of the season. I never thought i would find myself driving this car after that poor finish at Quebec. Glad i was given this opportunity.
NRacer96
NRacer96
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 18th 2017, 10:50 pm

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 18th 2017, 10:52 pm

Spoiler:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL March 18th 2017, 10:53 pm

Noah Hart: Can't believe the officials left us out there in a damn thunderstorm. It's calls like this I don't want to be racing next season! I want to be involved in a series where the officials care about our safety and not only that but the fans! Idk how some of those hardcore fans stayed in stands with lightening, heavy rain and wind. I don't blame how a lot of fans took cover while we raced. We should of called the race until tomorrow for everyone's sake of safety and for the drivers to be racing in decent conditions. It was a good day for us but we got lucky. A lot of drivers on the grid have no talent so throwing us in those conditions were bound to take a bit of field out of the race.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 18th 2017, 11:04 pm

Christian: The top 3 lucked into that! We really shouldn't have been out there in that mess. The rain caught out, Maddie, and Jake. They both didn't see the #19 stopped in the middle of the track. Maddie has every right to be very upset after that race. She drove one of the best races I have ever seen. Baskinger, and Finguy should have been up there as well... 

Kenny: To be fair Noah, the majority of us didn't know that was coming. It kind of formed out of nowhere over the lake, and rapidly intensified.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL March 18th 2017, 11:09 pm

Noah Hart: Yeah but that doesn't mean to leave us out there. I know how to drive in the rain. Hell, I've won on an oval with heavy downpour at Savannah before. So it wasn't that big of an issue for me but seeing all the chaos and the weather the way it was. It was a disaster that could of been avoided had we pasted the time.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 18th 2017, 11:11 pm

Kenny: To be honest Noah, it looked as if it was more of a bunch of drivers that haven't raced in the rain before. I know you and I have raced in heavier rain than that before. I am thinking back to Watkins Glen.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NRacer96 March 18th 2017, 11:11 pm

Bobby: I can't believe everyone was acting like idiots on the first lap! I thought these guys were supposed to be the best stock car drivers in the world. That entire race was just like a demolition derby at a local short track. Everyone was driving like a chicken with their heads cut off. Disappointed that we wrecked out on the first lap. Also, why the hell are we driving in a heavy thunderstorm in the first place?

Last edited by NRacer96 on March 19th 2017, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
NRacer96
NRacer96
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide March 18th 2017, 11:41 pm

Shepherd: Well, I was sure happy not to qualify for this race after this disaster.
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami March 18th 2017, 11:51 pm

BugattiNightRide wrote:Shepherd: Well, I was sure happy not to qualify for this race after this disaster.
Marcus Freya: This is probably the first time in a long time I was glad that we failed to make it in the race since we cannot risk destroying the precious equipment under these conditions.
Rovenami
Rovenami
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 March 19th 2017, 12:07 am

Following the race, Ryan Griffin made his thoughts quite known to a reporter who asked him about this event and his day.

Posted in spoiler for language:

Griffin, who has had a couple of incidents this season involving his temper, later reportedly had a "heated exchange" with an Orion official while venting his frustrations.  No further information on this exchange is yet available.

day500champ1
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 19th 2017, 12:28 am

Competition Director Haley makes Strong Statement

OES competition director Todd Haley has made strong statements before on driver etiquette in the past. Today however, he has made his strongest statement yet. After the conclusion of the Round of Ohio, many drivers argued that race should not have been run in such poor conditions. Ryan Griffin was seen getting into a verbal argument with an official, that looked as if it was ready to get physical. This prompted Haley to make a statement about the race. Needless to say, it wasn't anything anyone expected. 

"When Vijay (Pushanda) isn't at the track, I have full reign over the way a race is conducted. I have been in the situation room before in these weather situations. That by far was not the worst weather we've ever run in. I know we made the right call by keeping them out there. The wind was more of a problem than the rain. I was quite concerned for the fans, and we did get the fans into the terminal and the facilities around the track before the race started. That's why there weren't many people in the crowds. But the fans pretty much all got the VIP treatment, and we refunded the VIP people the difference because everyone got the same experience. Now what I won't tolerate are drivers acting like idiots and blaming my officials for that race being conducted. If have an issue, come to me, not my officials. These drivers need to remember, WE WERE HERE BEFORE YOU, AND WE WILL BE AROUND LONG AFTER YOUR GONE! Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Since Vijay's off again next week, there WILL be penalties assessed to certain members of the paddock who decided to act like giant babies and whine about my officiating to the media. I am taking a very hard approach on this, similar to how the Sony Cup Series works. I WILL NOT TOLERATE BASHING OF THE OFFICIALS WHILE I AM IN CHARGE! Vijay may run things differently while he's at the track, but I am in charge when he is not. So it's MY decision not the paddocks. If they don't like it, they can pull off, and shut up about it."
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NRacer96 March 19th 2017, 12:58 am

Bobby: Wait. Im starting at the back at New Hampshire for my post race comments? Ah crap.
NRacer96
NRacer96
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 19th 2017, 10:40 am

Almost cleared a wreck but not quite. Read for NHRC
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 19th 2017, 1:13 pm

Dodd, 18th(DNF): "Well, our day was going about as good as it could have gone, at least until the engine blew up... But I want to know, respectfully, what were the IDIOTS that thought it was a good idea to let us keep racing thinking?! I am glad that Sarrinen is OK after that wild flip, but people have to use their heads sometimes and realize that we are grown men and women, risking our lives in an already dangerous enough sport. We don't need to be buffoons out there and run in stupid conditions to make us any more "Grownup"... I love the OES, but this was just STUPID."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 19th 2017, 1:51 pm

Kenny: I don't know why everyone is complaining... I raced in worse weather than that before. The track wasn't terribly wet, there was a dry line forming. I think a bunch of people need to start behaving and stop throwing their toys out of their cribs.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElectricWolf March 19th 2017, 1:58 pm

Casey Lester (DNQ): I'm somewhat glad I missed the race so I wasn't in any part of the lack of communication going on. Someone didn't do their job when forecasting the weather conditions this weekend and that's something I'm sure can't be tolerated again. It could be worse, yes, but the drivers and seemingly the officials too did not see any rain coming.

ElectricWolf
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next