Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Perkins Hit With 20 Point Penalty

+6
Mr.YAMP
f1fan
MrKyleCollins
CJ Racing
Hsuorttocs
FUEL
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Perkins - Sean Perkins Hit With 20 Point Penalty Empty Sean Perkins Hit With 20 Point Penalty

Post by FUEL October 9th 2016, 3:22 am

We are putting our foot down on this one. We are no longer going to tolerate aggressive remarks towards how we run the series. Every race team has a guideline they have to follow every week. Teams this year have been doing well to not fail tech just because you couldn't beat them doesn't mean it's illegal. We are not going to take the remarks towards us like that anymore and will be passing out penalties, suspensions and what else it'll take because we have loads of drivers wanting to be apart of the series and if one or more are going to talk down on how we are doing things then we'll make you miss the races. We'll no longer tolerate it. We have let drivers be themselves with remarks towards each other as long as it don't get out of hand, but aggressive remarks towards us is not a mature way to be. Remember we are the higher up and the head command in running this series and it sure doesn't look good when you try and rub us the wrong way and say we pick sides when we are trying to run a series for 42 drivers to compete on. We take charge in making sure everyone passes tech which most have this year. Mace Enterprises just seem to have the upper hand this year similar to the entire Ford teams last year. Take this as your warning for talking down on us by saying we take favoritism in which we have nothing to do with how the cars preform or finish but rather it was legal or not and so far it has been. We take responsibility in making sure things are in line and they have been and we haven't had to step up and throw out penalties. We do our job with managing the league, you do your job and go race. We will not take the tone we get after the race like we have from you, or anybody at that matter ANYMORE.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Perkins - Sean Perkins Hit With 20 Point Penalty Empty Re: Sean Perkins Hit With 20 Point Penalty

Post by MrKyleCollins October 9th 2016, 7:56 am

Freeman: Penalties for speaking badly toward the league? I mean, I know it's not great for him to be doing so, but it is freedom of speech. He can say what he wants and unless its really really bad like a racist, sexist, homophobic, etc comment it shouldn't be a penalty. Maybe it deserves a fine, but IMO not a penalty.

OCC: I really don't care actually. But, I felt like reacting like Redditors reacted when Tony Stewart got that fine for speaking poorly about NASCAR. So don't take it like I meant it Noah.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Perkins - Sean Perkins Hit With 20 Point Penalty Empty Re: Sean Perkins Hit With 20 Point Penalty

Post by FUEL October 9th 2016, 9:11 am

Any other major racing series would not tolerate it. Trying to make low blows at the sport and talking down on the series either gets you fined or put on the couch for the weekend. I'm just sick of looking at it. I don't care if you say your opinions like you did. It's just I'm tired of hearing the stuff like Perkins has said in the past and calls us biased and that we aren't checking the cars right or something and saying it's illegal. If we don't make the call that it's illegal, its legal. I'm just tired of seeing posts poking at the officials in a tone or acting like its okay. It's not. I'll sit the next driver out who wants to use up their freedom of speech by flaming the officials in such a way.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 9:22 am

Roush: Longtime coming... Perkins, I'm comin fo yo ride
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing October 9th 2016, 9:45 am

Dodd: "While I am not a big fan of docking points for what people say, I do believe the situation warrants it. Although I will say that it shouldn't have been just Perkins, cause that Finguy isn't such a "FineGuy" either."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins October 9th 2016, 9:56 am

Collins: *Hears pun* "Dammit Dodd."

Freeman: While I do understand where you're coming from and why you're doing it. I was just saying, I believe penalties should be handed out based on actions that happened based on racing. Whether that is cheating or wrecking someone, stuff like that. I think at most speech should be a fine, but hey, I'm not an official"

OCC: I'm fine with this rule. Trust me. But where Sean is on my team and Freeman is the owner I feel like it just makes sense for him to stand up for Sean. So in character I'm taking the POV of a team owner who's driver just got penalized and I feel like that would be what they would say. I think this rule is going to do a great job at keeping these comments out of the races, and maybe it'll cut down on some of the arguments because I s2g half of them start because of this. So props to you Noah, taking a stand and making changes to make this a better place!
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan October 9th 2016, 11:36 am

Sean: Once again, its more bias from the officials toward Mace. I am telling you, something is not right with those Mace Enterprises cars. They are GLUED to the track and they don't slide around like all the others. D.J. Kurtis also noticed it. There is something, "beyond the rules" different with those cars, and its enough to give them a competitive advantage. If there is something up with those cars, I am telling you guys, it is beyond your post race tech procedures.

Sean: This rule about calling out the series is bullshit as well. You do not see this crap going down in ARCSOA, V6 Champ Car Series, or any other major racing series. The Sony Cup Series likes to keep all their drivers in line by scaring them from public speech. Quite honestly, it is getting out of hand. I have tried to calm myself down. However, when I see injustice, I am going to speak up. Now the series is realizing that not everyone is on their side when it comes to the matter. Maybe the series ought to look at themselves before randomly assigning penalties to me like they always do.

Sean: And if I get another penalty for this, than that just proves my point.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins October 9th 2016, 11:39 am

Freeman: I have a feeling I might have to choose a new driver to race the next race if the scs officials live up to what they said about sitting the next driver who says something...
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 11:47 am

OOC: W00T Mace is here, aka the not so fat Rick Hendrick
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP October 9th 2016, 12:01 pm

Jordan Davis: what's ARCSOA? Never heard of it.
Here's the thing you said this last year about Martin, YAMP, and Turner and you're saying it again this year about Made Enterprise. Let me guess you'll say it again if all of a sudden it's AFRT. Just some teams hit their strides.

OOC: why hello 2005-10 NASCAR skeptic.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 12:06 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:Jordan Davis: what's ARCSOA? Never heard of it.
Here's the thing you said this last year about Martin, YAMP, and Turner and you're saying it again this year about Made Enterprise. Let me guess you'll say it again if all of a sudden it's AFRT. Just some teams hit their strides.

OOC: why hello 2005-10 NASCAR skeptic.
Roush: Some crazy series Perkins made up in his head.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 12:07 pm

MrKyleCollins wrote:Freeman: I have a feeling I might have to choose a new driver to race the next race if the scs officials live up to what they said about sitting the next driver who says something...
I wouldn't mind driving at all haha
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL October 9th 2016, 12:11 pm

Sony Cup Series Officials: This just goes to show how Sean Perkins does not care about what we have to say. We want drivers in our league that will listen follow what we have to say. We gave him a warning with continuously trying to talk down on the series and we won't have it. Sean Perkins will sit out of California.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins October 9th 2016, 12:13 pm

FUEL wrote:Sony Cup Series Officials: This just goes to show how Sean Perkins does not care about what we have to say. We want drivers in our league that will listen follow what we have to say. We gave him a warning with continuously trying to talk down on the series and we won't have it. Sean Perkins will sit out of California.
Freeman: [Explicit]. Time to get a replacement driver I guess...

OCC: I'll PM you Noah
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan October 9th 2016, 12:14 pm

Sean: I appeal the penalty in response to the fact that it is unfair and that there is a bias against me!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 12:14 pm

Roush: I am at the track every race so it wouldn't bother me if I hopped in... Especially for one race only.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan October 9th 2016, 12:31 pm

Sean: Absolute bullshit! These officials need knocked off their fucking high horses. Is this the kind of regime we want running a series we all love? If you guys really want to have your freedom of speech squashed by a dictatorship stricter than Kim Jong Un, then keep racing. However, if you want to change the way this series is run, then speak up. The fact that the series is going to suspend people for disagreeing with their "holier-than-thou" opinions, or are going to suspend people for giving them constructive criticism, is quite sad.

Sean: With this stupid chase system, un-driveable cars, and baboons behind the wheel of half of the cars, this season has been an unequivocal disaster for the series. I even think SCS will agree with that. Their fan support is slipping, and they need to change. But they are INCAPABLE of listening to anyone but themselves. I will keep racking up the number of races I am banned to prove a point. This series needs to be scrubbed from the top, down. New CEO (in character CEO, not Noah getting booted obviously), new competition director, and a more consistent/non-confusing rulebook. But the series doesn't want to hear that.

Sean: Stand up for yourselves drivers, speak up if you do not agree with the unjust running of this series!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 12:38 pm

f1fan wrote:Sean: Absolute bullshit! These officials need knocked off their fucking high horses. Is this the kind of regime we want running a series we all love? If you guys really want to have your freedom of speech squashed by a dictatorship stricter than Kim Jong Un, then keep racing. However, if you want to change the way this series is run, then speak up. The fact that the series is going to suspend people for disagreeing with their "holier-than-thou" opinions, or are going to suspend people for giving them constructive criticism, is quite sad.

Sean: With this stupid chase system, un-driveable cars, and baboons behind the wheel of half of the cars, this season has been an unequivocal disaster for the series. I even think SCS will agree with that. Their fan support is slipping, and they need to change. But they are INCAPABLE of listening to anyone but themselves. I will keep racking up the number of races I am banned to prove a point. This series needs to be scrubbed from the top, down. New CEO (in character CEO, not Noah getting booted obviously), new competition director, and a more consistent/non-confusing rulebook. But the series doesn't want to hear that.

Sean: Stand up for yourselves drivers, speak up if you do not agree with the unjust running of this series!
Roush: Let me tell you where you're wrong. It's not needed for us drivers to have an uprising. Why? because 99% of us have not done something wrong to get here, like you. When we have there was no anger or saying "This is stricter than North Korea" when actually, YOU are making it stricter on yourself Sean.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan October 9th 2016, 12:45 pm

Sean: The difference here is, the series needs to know when it is wrong. The series is deathly afraid of itself looking bad. Therefore, they like to take a strong hand about anything they are criticized on!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 12:48 pm

Roush: Well if you do the same thing over and over again when you've been told not to over and over again you eventually will get the hammer dropped upon yourself
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP October 9th 2016, 12:53 pm

You're the only one out of 42+ driver that complains consistently. Wanna tell me how your opinion really matters and that it's based of facts when no one else agrees?
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 12:55 pm

Roush: He complains a lot more because he makes the officials take action on more than they need to wth anyone else, and I'll be honest Sean. I should not have the opportunity to pitch myself for your car for the team you run for, BFM #41. But I do now and I'll pursue it till I can't any longer
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing October 9th 2016, 12:59 pm

Dodd Agrees with SCS Call on Perkins Penalty

While on the radio with SiriusXM's Marty McGee, Dodd was asked about the recently announced penalties on Sean Perkins for his comments on Nick Mace's #48 team and the SCS.

McGee: "So while we were in the commerical break, it was announced by the SCS that because of Sean Perkins's repeated outburst against the #48 team of Nick Mace and the SCS, not only is he going to be docked 20 points, but he is also going to be suspended for the upcoming race at California. This has really been getting ugly as of late... What are your thoughts about the situation Chris?"

Dodd: "Well, like I said earlier, while I am most certainly not supportive of docking points because of drivers speaking out their mind, I really think the situation warrants the penalty, especially considering how Perkins doesn't seem to know when to stop. Originally I thought that this was a bit overblown and that Finguy's comments were what made this seem worse that what it was, I can now see that Perkins clearly was in the wrong in this."

McGee: "Do you believe that Perkins should be taken out of his ride at least for the rest of the year, if not permanently?"

Dodd: "What, banning him? No way man, but if his team at BFM can't handle the amount of pressure that Perkins brings, and can't get him to lay low for a while, then it might be in BFM's best interest to just let him go...

McGee: "There is rumors right now that Scott Roush might jump into the #41 at California, are you OK with that seeing as he is running the #3 in the HNS this season?"

Dodd: "Well, I am fine with that, it's good for him to get some experience at the next level... But considering he is going to Arrow Dynamics next season, and I know that Kenny Myatt is friends with Sean Perkins, that might be the bigger issue right now."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs October 9th 2016, 1:02 pm

Roush: I haven't gotten an offer or the chance to talk about racing it with Freeman, but I am trying to convince him to consider me.
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 October 9th 2016, 2:23 pm

Finguy: "...It was coming. You know it was. Hell, if I get the same stuff as Perkins, I'll suck it up. I'll admit, I was like that before I qualified for the 250. I now just suck it up and move on. We saw what happened when you don't, and his (Perkins) consistent attacks on the SCS officials and myself had boiled into what has transpired. I admit, I was in a heated discussion with him. But the fact was the 48 did not win. It was the 20. It was the King. End of discussion, let's move on to next week."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum