Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)

+6
RedViperGaming
McBlair
CJ Racing
Finnish909
Rovenami
f1fan
10 posters

Go down

Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)  Empty Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)

Post by f1fan January 4th 2016, 12:13 am

Sean: Welcome to the first meeting everyone... On the sheet in front of you is the plan of action today. Please take a few minutes to look over it before we begin.

Issue #1. Nominations for Presidency.
-If You would like to nominate yourself for presidency please comment Yes or No.
-Each Candidate must also comment in their comment, why they feel they could lead the drivers union.
-Once a specific period has passed we will then take an official vote among the candidates.

Issue #2. Proposals for Team Ownership Measures
-The SCS stewards have hinted to myself that they are tossing around the idea of a contract guarantee clause that all team owners would be required to include in their driver contracts.
-Our objectives are to give the SCS ideas for how to deal with said situation.
-This includes proposals that would give specifics on when a team can terminate the contract of a particular driver mid-season. For example, the clause may contain a proposition forbidding team owners from terminating a driver contract after signing if they have a race win.
-The above example is not a proposal, however until mentioned in the meeting itself. So do not take that as a policy.
-Keep in mind these are only suggestions.

Issue #3- Members are able to insert their own issues that they feel can be talked about through the first meeting.
-If you do not have any idea's leave this blank

Please fill out the following form. If you do not have any proposals for either Issue #2 or Issue #3, please leave them blank.

Form:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)  Empty Re: Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)

Post by Rovenami January 4th 2016, 12:20 am

Issue #1: No
Issue #2: All I have is having the driver be at a specific ranking by a certain event (Ex. Be in the Top 20 by Round 20 of 40)
Issue #3: idk
Rovenami
Rovenami
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)  Empty Re: Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)

Post by Guest January 4th 2016, 12:36 am

ISSUE 1: Yes
Reason OOC: In real life I have never told anyone this but I want to be a leader of some sort. I feel the world is heading in a bad place, I feel like I can sometimes make better moves than Obama because he's too blind to see it, it's obvious don't blow up Isis just intimidate them, we should not fear Vladimir Putin, but we can't underestimate him. I want to go to law school.
REASON IC: Alan in character is a classy guy that loves Classic Rock and Realizes how the SCS works. With his 10 seasons of SCS experience he feels he could lead a charge of a healthy relationship between each individual.

ISSUE 2: This is an excellent idea to discuss. I can get in-depth easily. The number one issue was face in leagues are favoritism. For example Pericles won with Coorsweiser, then got kicked to make room for a good friend of Luke Martin's. All I should propose here is to state a reason why a driver should get ejected by a team and have it Be permitted by SCS officials if it was considered a "healthy" reason.

ISSUE 3: Again one of my main problems I would be fighting is favoritism. Trying to make new drivers like Chris Dodd, William Brock, somewhat equal to legends like Noah Hart and Kenny Myatt. Newcomers will have potentional but you can't block them up and throw them away, plus what could you know, the next thing you know they might lead your team to a championship, if I was correct Jordan Davis won the SCS championship in his rookie season S7 or am I misplacing plots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 January 4th 2016, 12:41 am

Finguy: *Writing like a boss on a Monday*
Form:
Issue #1: Yes, I'm not a very biased guy. I'm not going to side with one side or another on a hard decision. I'm not going to be ruling with an iron fist and raising a Matilda like group at or against. In the past, sure I was. But if you have a point and want to say it. I will hear it. If you treat things as a joke, then you may go to the back of the line. I'm sorry, but that's how I role.

Issue #2: I would love to hear a set role on a driver not being shafted and got the team a win and money and the driver they brought in not do as much as another driver did. That trend must end. As a team owner myself, I'm not giving up on a driver until the season is over, I ask my drivers a question if they want another season in the ride. Yes, they keep it. No, I hope them great success. That hard to comprehend?

Issue #3: Driver-Owners that drive a different manufacturer than their own team they run or co-own. How does it work?
Also, drivers like Dodd and Brock are new here. My only thing of opinion is if they can prove to us they belong. They work inside the top 35 in points before Round 5.
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 4th 2016, 1:12 am

Issue #1: Yes(Chris Dodd)
Comment: I believe that it is a tremendous responsibility to be a leader in anything, but especially a President of a union, and even more so for a series such as the SCS. The man that takes this responsibility must be one that is of a calm temperment, a patient and understanding person that is neutral to all parties, and one that brings a clean and fresh outlook to the present and future of this great series.

I believe that this encompasses what I do daily, to be respectful to others and to be a gentleman both on and off the track. If I were to be elected as the President of the union of this great series, I promise to everyone that I will treat them with the same dignity and respect as I hope they would do to me.

I promise that I will do my best to be someone that can show the racing world why the Sony Cup Series is the greatest series in the world, and I promise that each driver, each pit crew member, and each owner will have an equal and fair voice, and that the ideas presented will be the right ones for this series, and hopefully one that other series can emulate in the future.

God Bless, and good success to all!
Chris Dodd

Issue #2:
1. Having a balanced budget rule that would give teams across the board a fair shot in this series. Possibly give a slightly added budget for teams that have been around for multiple years, that way the hard work that they have put into their teams wouldn't just go to waste, while at the same time closing the competition rate to where small, newer teams can still have a chance to make the race and to perform to the best of their abilities.
2. Begin to enforce contractual agreements, where each team would have a minimum base guideline for each driver that they sign, and a place where those contracts can be placed in the public domain:

Example:
Driver John Doe agrees to sign a deal with Example Motorsports for 1 season.
Minimum requirement(s) to lock in the contract: Be in the top 35 by race 18 of the season. Start in the top 25 at least 4 times in that 18 race span.

3.Change the locked-in rule from top 35 in owners points to top 30, thereby giving more drivers a chance to make the race every week. In the format we have now, there is almost no way for a small operation to make the races without being perfect in qualifying, and giving that little bit of extra space will both give them that little bit of an additional chance as well as make qualifying a bit more exciting.

(Update:Since someone asked about this, here is some clarificlation)
Right now we have 48-49 drivers fighting for 43 spots, but in reality we have 14 drivers fighting for 7 spots. That means that teams in this position have a 50% chance of making the race. However, combined with the the budget rule that has been proposed, if we were to cut this to the top 30, it would mean there would be 19 drivers fighting for 12 positions, or a 63% chance of making the race. Thus means that there would be a 13% better chance for a driver to make the race, and would also bring additional excitement to qualifying, and combined with the budget proposal, would make it more competitive as well.
(End Update)

Issue #3: How about having a Vice-President to help with these matters, and bring be able to answer questions and bring up people's questions. Also, we should discuss possibly equaling up the amount of teams that each manufacture can have, that way we do not have the issues we had with Ford being so much better than everyone else.

Last edited by CJ Racing on January 4th 2016, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair January 4th 2016, 5:56 am

CJ Racing wrote:Issue #1: Yes(Chris Dodd)
Comment: I believe that it is a tremendous responsibility to be a leader in anything, but especially a President of a union, and even more so for a series such as the SCS. The man that takes this responsibility must be one that is of a calm temperment, a patient and understanding person that is neutral to all parties, and one that brings a clean and fresh outlook to the present and future of this great series.

I believe that this encompasses what I do daily, to be respectful to others and to be a gentleman both on and off the track. If I were to be elected as the President of the union of this great series, I promise to everyone that I will treat them with the same dignity and respect as I hope they would do to me.

I promise that I will do my best to be someone that can show the racing world why the Sony Cup Series is the greatest series in the world, and I promise that each driver, each pit crew member, and each owner will have an equal and fair voice, and that the ideas presented will be the right ones for this series, and hopefully one that other series can emulate in the future.

God Bless, and good success to all!
Chris Dodd

Issue #2:
1. Having a balanced budget rule that would give teams across the board a fair shot in this series. Possibly give a slightly added budget for teams that have been around for multiple years, that way the hard work that they have put into their teams wouldn't just go to waste, while at the same time closing the competition rate to where small, newer teams can still have a chance to make the race and to perform to the best of their abilities.
2. Begin to enforce contractual agreements, where each team would have a minimum base guideline for each driver that they sign, and a place where those contracts can be placed in the public domain:

Example:
Minimum requirement(s) to lock in the contract: Be in the top 35 by race 18 of the season. Start in the top 25 at least 4 times in that 18 race span.

3.Change the locked-in rule from top 35 in owners points to top 30, thereby giving more drivers a chance to make the race every week. In the format we have now, there is almost no way for a small operation to make the races without being perfect in qualifying, and giving that little bit of extra space will both give them that little bit of an additional chance as well as make qualifying a bit more exciting.

Issue #3: How about having a Vice-President to help with these matters, and bring be able to answer questions and bring up people's questions. Also, we should discuss possibly equaling up the amount of teams that each manufacture can have, that way we do not have the issues we had with Ford being so much better than everyone else.
Dodd, I hate to be the person as this isn't the spot for this I guess. But shortening down to top 30 in points is going to have zero effect on how easier or hard it is for you to qualify for races. See, you're (or our rn) team is extremely underfunded for the first season cause it's only brand new. If you go from 7-12 drivers attempting to make each race it'll get harder to qualify because more good drivers will be in the qualifying. See what I'm getting at Chris?
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing January 4th 2016, 7:22 am

I'll PM you McBlair, don't want to clutter up this article space too much...

Update:I updated my post with a detailed response to the question asked.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming January 4th 2016, 7:46 pm

Form:
Issue #1:
No, Never, Ever Going to Do that.
Issue #2
I agree Wholey with Dodd, So, I decided to write the same thing. Razz

Example:

Issue #3
I would like a official form for three of the types of contracts, restricting, binding, and open contracts. For example, If I were to sign Micheal White at this moment, I would want an official contract to go into the papers, correct? So I would offer him a Binding contract to stay on the team the entire season. The form would look something like this:

Name: Micheal White
Underline the type of Contract: Restricting or Binding or Open
Contract Amount: $13,00 (Just A Number)
Can Driver Opt Out of Contract?: No (Filled out by Team Owner)

2. Another thing I want to add is a salary cap. (Yess bois I'm all about NFL Business Razz) It would grant drivers with actual paid contracts and all the while, factory teams can set the proper price for engines and body work. That's all for now, I'll see what you have up to the table in the next meeting Sean!

PS: You should be Vice President Sean!
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleCollins January 4th 2016, 8:05 pm

RedViperGaming wrote:Form:
Issue #1:
No, Never, Ever Going to Do that.
Issue #2
I agree Wholey with Dodd, So, I decided to write the same thing. Razz

Example:

Issue #3
I would like a official form for three of the types of contracts, restricting, binding, and open contracts. For example, If I were to sign Micheal White at this moment, I would want an official contract to go into the papers, correct? So I would offer him a Binding contract to stay on the team the entire season. The form would look something like this:

Name: Micheal White
Underline the type of Contract: Restricting or Binding or Open
Contract Amount: $13,00 (Just A Number)
Can Driver Opt Out of Contract?: No (Filled out by Team Owner)

2. Another thing I want to add is a salary cap. (Yess bois I'm all about NFL Business Razz) It would grant drivers with actual paid contracts and all the while, factory teams can set the proper price for engines and body work. That's all for now, I'll see what you have up to the table in the next meeting Sean!

PS: You should be Vice President Sean!
I agree with a lot of these things, but please no salary caps. It just adds so much more complications like how much salary a team has to spend, etc.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP January 4th 2016, 9:09 pm

Update: There is no reason for this. We talked about it in a different thread. If you wanna go read that you can, but yeah.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleBusch1 January 4th 2016, 9:40 pm

I agree, there is no point to this thread
MrKyleBusch1
MrKyleBusch1
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkVoid718 January 4th 2016, 11:01 pm

Drivers Union thread. (Meeting #1 issue posted)  55995026

DarkVoid718
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkVoid718

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming January 5th 2016, 12:00 am

GG Turner
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down