Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric Demax races in Super Formula during HNS off-week

Go down

Eric Demax races in Super Formula during HNS off-week Empty Eric Demax races in Super Formula during HNS off-week

Post by EugeneDemax24 September 7th 2018, 2:22 pm

With Eric Demax going to a Toyota-powered team for 2019, and wanting to get a little more road course experience before next season, Eric Demax will travel to Japan and race at the Okayama International Circuit for the 6th round of the 2018 Super Formula championship.
Demax and Toyota have struck a one-race deal to drive for Kondo Racing and will replace Kenta Yamashita for the race weekend and his teammate will be the Kiwi of Nick Cassidy, the 2017 Super GT champion and current Super Formula points leader.
Eric said that he "always wanted to travel to Japan ever since I was a kid" and also said that Japan "have some of the most spectacular and challenging road courses in the world here and it's such an honor for me to drive at one of them."
Demax also said that he always wanted to drive an open-wheeler machine for once during his lifetime and now he can cross that off his bucket list.
For the past few weeks, Demax have drove in multiple test sessions with the team to get a feel for the car and he said that "they're obviously way different to the stock cars that I'm used to driving. Not only that but you have to drive them in a completely different way. But I'm up for the challenge and they're so much fun to drive! The amount of downforce and grip these cars can generate are astonishing! I'm loving every second of it!"
Cassidy has also attended these test sessions to make Demax more comfortable in the car and said that "it's easier to teach when your student speaks English as fluent as you. But he's a very quick learner and has handled things extremely well so far!"
With the Super Formula race coming up this weekend, Eric plans to just finish the entire race and if beyond that, finish in the top ten.
EugeneDemax24
EugeneDemax24
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Eric Demax races in Super Formula during HNS off-week Empty Re: Eric Demax races in Super Formula during HNS off-week

Post by EugeneDemax24 September 9th 2018, 7:17 pm

Eric Demax gets his first ever points in Super Formula!

It was a hectic day at Okayama due to it being a wet race with the rain not letting up on race day. On the day before, Eric qualified 10th while his teammate, Nick Cassidy, qualified 5th. Qualifying was dry so it threw a lot of teams in the loop in terms of setup. Eric didn't mind the rain too much because even though it was gonna be a struggle on grip and visibility will be poor from the spray, Eric didn't have to worry on other factors like pit stops and such since the wet tires can go all the way till the finish. The race started behind the Safety Car then about lap 12 out of 54, the race finally went green. All Eric wanted to is to keep it clean and to just finish the race. And finish the race he did as he got 2 overtakes done on track and finished 8th and scored points on his Super Formula debut! It may have been one point but it still felt like a win to Eric. Now time for Eric to head back and race in next week's HNS race.
EugeneDemax24
EugeneDemax24
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down