Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eugene Demax, Luke Martin and Maalik Nevins Announcing Retirement

+6
f1fan
LukeMartin6
FitzwaterAustralia59
MoonShibe64
CJ Racing
FUEL
10 posters

Go down

Eugene Demax, Luke Martin and Maalik Nevins Announcing Retirement Empty Eugene Demax, Luke Martin and Maalik Nevins Announcing Retirement

Post by FUEL February 21st 2017, 10:32 pm

Before the season, Jacob Hart and Treck Tauger announced their retirement after the 2017 season however a press conference was called earlier today for some big news and 3 drivers of the series stepped up today and announced it was their time to do something different with their life.

Eugene Demax
This conference was called today, for the reason of me, not being in an SCS ride for next year. Now I will say that I’m NOT leaving this series as a whole. I will still go to the races, but not as a driver. Here are a couple of reasons why.
The first reason that my time as a driver is very limited here. Now some people may think I’m still competitive and I thank you for some people that think that way, but for me, I think that competitiveness will go away due to age. Also, I basically accomplished almost everything that a driver wants. I’ve won a lot races, I’ve won a championship, etc. I know I could produce more numbers for those stats but with the time I have left, I don’t think that would happen anytime soon.
Second reason that due to racing, I never spent a lot of time with my family as much. Every year, I leave my home just to make money for racing to take care of my family and for the last decade or two; I never even spent a vacation with my family. I spent most of my “free time” hanging around the shop to help prepare for the next race every single time, including the off-season. I spent the off-season last season to help prepare for this season to get another team championship, including Christmas Eve. And for a family, that’s hard, and it’s tough for me for us to be separated like that every single year if that’s the way things have to be in the future.
Third reason is that, I think it’s time for the second-generation. So therefore, my son Eric will now be doing the racing for the Demax family from now on starting in 2018. I feel like this will be the time where we get to spend more time as a family around the shop and in the off-season as well for a little father-son bonding.
Now let me remind you, that this was my decision and I’m NOT leaving the sport as a whole. I will also stay with Mace Enterprises, whom I really should be thankful for who helped me build up my career to where I am now as a driver. But after 2017, I will step down as a racer and be the driver’s coach starting in 2018. Also Eric will start his career driving for Mace Enterprises in HNS starting in 2018.
Finally, I really want to say thank you for being in part in one of the best racing series I could ever be in a part of. This is the series where I spent most of my time on and always will be. I also want to thank Mace Enterprises for helping me with my career and for helping Eric start his as well. So um, I guess that’ll be all. I hope you understand my reasons for retirement and I will look forward to see what this series will look like in the future. Thank you.

Luke Martin
I've been racing ever since season 1, with the exception of missing season 15. 2017 will be my 20th season in the SCS. I've been runner up 5 times in the championship, currently have 18 wins, and I think it's time to move on. I'm sad to announce that 2017 will be my final season racing in the SCS. I'm getting old and it's time to call it quits. However I will still be a team owner and I will put all my focus into Martin Motorsports. I love owning this team more than anything. I honestly enjoy watching them succeed more than I do myself. I love my drivers Jeff James, Aaron Taylor, Ryan Griffin and Dom Caps. I rather watch them succeed than race myself. It's been one hell of a ride. 20 seasons and I'm still a threat to win ever season. But I want new faces in the series, younger drivers that really want to be here. There is no reason to take a spot when I'm so old and I have my own team to cheer on. I here by make is official that I, Luke Martin am retiring and 2017 will be my final season racing in the SCS.

Maalik Nevins
Well, the time has finally come I would say, for me to hang up the steerimg wheel. This will be my final season in the SCS. I have been racing in the SCS for 6 seasons. I've had my shares of ups and downs. Lots of good runs and lots of bad runs. It all started with me filling in for my elder brother Ramian Fisher after his passing from the horrifying crash he had out in Japan. It was really tough for me to get in that #10 Pantiac but I did. I want to thank Jordan Fisher for this amazing young team I'm in. I'll never forget you guys. To my competitors, you guys are all one hell of a racer and damn well hard to pass, but I had loads of fun racing with you all. I've learned quite a lot racing with you and its something I'll hang on to. Goodluck to you all in the runnings for your championship. I'll try my nest for the rest of the season. Jordan, make our big brother proud!
#ForRFisher
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Eugene Demax, Luke Martin and Maalik Nevins Announcing Retirement Empty Re: Eugene Demax, Luke Martin and Maalik Nevins Announcing Retirement

Post by CJ Racing February 21st 2017, 10:39 pm

Dodd: "I want to congratulate Demax, Martin, and Nevins, as well as Jacob Hart and Treck Tauger on all of their incredible accomplishments in the SCS. Their expertise and sheer driving talent is one that I can only hope to be even close to one day. I wish these guys the best of success in the rest of the year, and hopefully I can spend some time with each one of them and learn a thing or two from some of the best that have ever raced!"
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Eugene Demax, Luke Martin and Maalik Nevins Announcing Retirement Empty Re: Eugene Demax, Luke Martin and Maalik Nevins Announcing Retirement

Post by MoonShibe64 February 21st 2017, 11:48 pm

Oh boi, Big news.

Im still waiting for my debut in one of these series.
MoonShibe64
MoonShibe64
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 February 21st 2017, 11:58 pm

Congrats to 5 big name drivers in the SCS. Wish them all the best in their retirement
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeMartin6 February 22nd 2017, 12:05 am

Martin: "I would like to thank every team that has helped me achieve what I have achieved over my 20 years of racing. I hope I can end my career off with a bang. If I can't, I hope to make the best out of 2017 and enjoy my final races with this amazing group of drivers. I love the SCS and it'll be a big change in my life to not be out on track."
LukeMartin6
LukeMartin6
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 February 22nd 2017, 12:08 am

LukeMartin6 wrote:Martin: "I would like to thank every team that has helped me achieve what I have achieved over my 20 years of racing. I hope I can end my career off with a bang. If I can't, I hope to make the best out of 2017 and enjoy my final races with this amazing group of drivers. I love the SCS and it'll be a big change in my life to not be out on track."
Congrats bud. Wish you all the best in your retirement
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 22nd 2017, 1:24 am

Sean: You know, I have leveled against Luke Martin from day one. But you know what, I am going to miss him on track. He is a seriously strong competitor.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 22nd 2017, 1:28 am

LukeMartin6 wrote:Martin: "I would like to thank every team that has helped me achieve what I have achieved over my 20 years of racing. I hope I can end my career off with a bang. If I can't, I hope to make the best out of 2017 and enjoy my final races with this amazing group of drivers. I love the SCS and it'll be a big change in my life to not be out on track."

OOC: I won't deny that you and I have had our differences. But I will seriously miss having Luke Martin out there on the track. Back in the old days of SCS, we used to have our drivers go at it, and it actually was kind of childish looking back at it. But I still miss those days. I hope you still stay involved with the series, despite your driver retiring! 

-Kenny
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.YAMP February 22nd 2017, 9:57 am

Emma White: waiting for Sean Perkins announcement.
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Post by DKurtis February 22nd 2017, 10:41 am

Kurtis: "Really a shame that so many stars are retiring at such a fast rate, but it's inevitable at some point in time. I remember being in Martin's team in my rookie season, I'll never forget that he gave me such a grand opportunity that helped to what I am today. Demax and I were cool friends, as well as Nevins, I'll miss them just as much. The new generation is coming slowly but surely."
DKurtis
DKurtis
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei1 February 22nd 2017, 10:51 am

Well, when one driver leaves, another is set to take their place.

Andrei1
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan February 22nd 2017, 1:25 pm

Mr.YAMP wrote:Emma White: waiting for Sean Perkins announcement.

Sean: If I retire, I wouldn't make an announcement about it. I don't think it should be that much of a big deal. Granted, I am not faulting any of these drivers for having large retirement festivities. They can celebrate their final season in the series however they want. It just simply isn't something I would do personally. When I retire, I expect to drift away into the sunset without any celebration about it. I realize I am not the most popular driver around, and I don't expect to be treated in that way. Nor do I really want to be treated that way. Congrats on all those who are retiring, though!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theformalslime February 25th 2017, 8:04 pm

Daleo: True legends, sad to see them go
theformalslime
theformalslime
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum