Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCSOA Insider: How Games Can Make Someone Happier

5 posters

Go down

ARCSOA Insider: How Games Can Make Someone Happier Empty ARCSOA Insider: How Games Can Make Someone Happier

Post by Finnish909 December 30th 2015, 7:56 pm

Think about one wish you would have in this world. A toy you really want? A trip to a destination just like the 'Happiest Place in the World'? Or just even for one special little boy and his older siblings get a chance to meet and play a few games with one of ARCSOA's rising stars in the Elite Series? That dream was realized when it came into fruition from the Make A Wish Foundation partnered with the Finguy-Psytomi Motorsports team, and their rising star, Kyle Shock Jr.

Young 7 year old Benny Young was born with a bad set of cells within his lungs and has been treated by his local hospital for a very long chunk of his young life as an infant, to age 2. It was then at the age of 3, he was diagnost with Leukemia. "...It was very shocking to hear that news, and it's saddening to know he won't have long to live." His father Frank Young said. "...To know that he won't live very much longer, just saddens us so very much. Even his brothers and sisters as well."

With their child having no much to live as he was showing signs of becoming weaker. The folks of the Make A Wish Foundation reached out to Benny and his family, and asked what would he want to do in the near future. The answer surprised them but not his family. Benny grew fond of the ARCSOA Elites Series and being noteworthy was the two cars of Finguy-Psytomi Racing. The #98 and #99 of Kyle Shock Jr. and James Shelly respectively. And his dream that wants to be fufilled was, "...To play Smash with one of the drivers from the 'Nintendo' cars."

Within at the time before the Round of Virginia an Martinsville. Kyle Shock Jr. with some other crewman from his team came to a surprise visit to the young boy and his family at the hospital. With a promise to play with him, his other siblings, and make his day a happy one. To put it on terms as fast as we can put to words. Benny, was the happiest he's been.

"I think that's the funnest thing I've ever did as a driver." Shock said, "If I was asked to make a kid happy as the wide smile I saw on Benny's face. I'd do it again. Through all he's been. I was told by his father and mother. He still had a smile on his face. Through treatments and the rough patches it seems. He's just been so happy."

And happy he was. But a takeaway from this story is very fond and very easy. Small dreams can be as big as big dreams. If you can make them like it.

OOC: So, this is just something of a test. If you think it was a fun read and want to see more. Please ask for more.

Losely based on McBlair's Reader's Digest.
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

ARCSOA Insider: How Games Can Make Someone Happier Empty Re: ARCSOA Insider: How Games Can Make Someone Happier

Post by MrKyleCollins December 30th 2015, 8:12 pm

That was great! It was definitely enjoyable to read, I hope you do more.

A weird coincidence though is I was going to have Kyle Collins do a Make A Wish Foundation thing... It was planned to be 2 races after Collins died.
MrKyleCollins
MrKyleCollins
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

ARCSOA Insider: How Games Can Make Someone Happier Empty Re: ARCSOA Insider: How Games Can Make Someone Happier

Post by RedViperGaming December 30th 2015, 9:28 pm

Lmaoooo, I knew It was about Nintendo!
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by McBlair December 30th 2015, 10:06 pm

I loved it, I'm gonna have to make a "Make A Wish Foundation" article soon. They're really inspiring Smile
McBlair
McBlair
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by LHP14Florida December 30th 2015, 10:08 pm

James: Saw that kid around. I hope he gets better, he was a joyful soul.

OOC: Finguy, that is amazing.
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 December 30th 2015, 10:52 pm

OOC: Okay! With rather positive news. I think I might continue this as a thing. But keep in mind I might just do a story after each Elites race. Lights I'm not sure, nor do I not care unless they move up.

And a reminder. I'll ask you in a PM if you want your driver in a story. You ask me, you're just not going to get a story. I'm sorry that's sounds kinda dickish. But I'm just going to put that up as a rule now.
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 7th 2016, 10:20 pm

OOC: I might do one with Michael and Alan Cavagnaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down