Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 18 of Connecticut

+4
Finnish909
LHP14Florida
MrKyleBusch1
f1fan
8 posters

Go down

Round 18 of Connecticut  Empty Round 18 of Connecticut

Post by f1fan November 10th 2015, 2:18 pm

Drivers prepare for long race

Despite being the same distance in length. Lime Rock has the distinction for being the road course with the highest lap count. Due to it's small size, Lime Rock requires an 85 lap race to reach the 130 mile distance that an ARCSOA Elite Series race runs. Despite this, lap times are pretty short around this track, so the race distance may not be as long as some drivers think.

Cavagnaro's last ride

It is a bittersweet weekend for Alan Cavagnaro. Lime Rock is his home race, however it is also his last as a full time competitor in the series. He is retiring from full time competition after the round of Connecticut, handing the #28 Ferrari over to Ryan Griffin next weekend in Illinois. Ferrari team principal, Luigi Giacomo stated to the media on Thursday that, "We will do everything in our power to give Alan a win this weekend. We are trying some experimental parts for the Season 20 car that we tested in Marinello a few weeks ago with great success. The #28 car will be flying on Sunday, just wait and see."

McKane/Shelly Rivalry heats up in Opening Practice, Pushanda banned both from participating in either 2nd Practice or Final Practice

If anyone wanted to see a real Motorsports rivalry in the ARCSOA Elite Series, I think we may have just found it. Nathan McKane and James Shelly once again did battle with each other during first practice. This time it involved James Shelly dive-boming Nathan McKane entering the chicane at the top of the hill. McKane retaliated on the next lap when he ran both himself and Shelly into the tire wall in Turn 3. Both cars were totaled in the wreck. The two drivers swept the top 2 positions in Practice 1 only to have their times wiped.

In a normal situation, both teams would have time to set up and practice their back up cars. However Vijay Pushanda, the series competition director sent a large message down to the parties involved. In a statement, Pushanda said, "I told you both (Shelly and McKane) that this situation ends in New York. It seems like both parties didn't take my ruling there. I parked them for qualifying, with the assumption that their races results wouldn't be affected in NYC. Obviously that was not harsh enough. So I am going to put them at a disadvantage for the race here at Lime Rock. If the two parties continue their petty rivalry, then expect a severe punishment."

Pushanda's actions don't look that bad here, unless you dive into it. Pushanda banned both James Shelly and Nathan McKane from participating in either of the two remaining practice sessions. Which is crucial because both teams have an unproven back up car they are immediately throwing into qualifying. Another thing teams will do is, if their primary car is totaled in practice, they can take parts off of it, and put it on the back up car. Even to the point of an engine if the engine wasn't damaged. Pushanda has also impounded both their primary cars, so therefore the teams can't steal parts from them to put on the back-up cars. This wouldn't have really affected Shelly's car, because his car was pretty much destroyed, however Discover Ohio probably could have salvaged some parts off of the #9 and put them on his back up car.

Discover Ohio Team Principal Kenny Myatt released a statement.
"I had talked to Nathan McKane, and was told the situation was done and over with at NYC. However when Shelly divebombed up the inside of him nearly taking Nathan and himself out in a really dangerous location near the chicane. Nathan felt the need to retaliate. Don't get me wrong, I am none to happy with Nathan right now. But, if James Shelly touches one of my cars again, he can meet me in the garage because I'll settle the score with him. And I don't give a crap about the possible penalties ARCSOA will put on me."

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 18 of Connecticut  Empty Re: Round 18 of Connecticut

Post by Guest November 10th 2015, 4:41 pm

Cavy: Alot of love for the guys I work with everyday on the cars in the shop will be left after this race, I thank the Ferrari team principle, all of the guys that have worked on my car in Elites, and Matt Fox my longtime friend and Crew Chief. I have heard great thing about the car I will have at Ct as S20 parts which I am fine with, anyway to end my Elites career this will be a great way.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleBusch1 November 10th 2015, 8:59 pm

This race is for you Cavy!!!
MrKyleBusch1
MrKyleBusch1
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 November 10th 2015, 9:10 pm

Shock Jr: "...I better be racing my heart out with not just Cavy's retirement. But Finguy's favorite Road Course on the East. Hey Cavy... A 1 2 in order?"

Thenos: "If that would happen, I'd marry Michael on the damn spot."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by LHP14Florida November 11th 2015, 12:55 pm

James: "Okay, now that wasn't the point. Yes, I did dive bomb the corner, and I realized my mistake at the last minute. That I can apologize about. But, Mckane Destrying my car, now that's just unacceptable. I have always respected McKane, but we are both championship contenders and right now I am losing my consistency. If he wants to wreck me, bring it on, but I am not going to be the one blamed. But I ask one thing, keep it on the racetrack, no one else has to get involved. Though in saying that, If I'm leading and you turn me, I'm coming after you."
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan November 11th 2015, 8:39 pm

Sandfer on Pole, Ferrari dissapointed in starting 2nd

Charles Sandfer grabbed the pole at Lime Rock while Alan Cavagnaro took the outside pole in his final start. Sandfer was reportedly elated with beating out the prototype Season 20 Ferrari. Ferrari Team Principal Luigi Giacomo was reportedly disgusted with the fact that he didn't get the pole.

"We may be starting on the outside, but we were the sure fire favorites for pole. How that little twerp in the D&C beat us I don't know. Sandfer was no where near the top of the time charts all weekend until qualifying."

Giacomo kind of hinted at it, but Charles Sandfer was absolutely no where all weekend. His best practice result was 28th in Free Practice 2.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 November 11th 2015, 10:05 pm

Thenos: "...I like the fact that the part-time driver of the team is not filling for a family friend. I think that's a screw you when he leaves. Family's not their priority."

Shock Jr: "Phaula... Don't."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan November 12th 2015, 10:13 pm

Spoiler:
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 November 12th 2015, 11:55 pm

Spoiler:
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Coops November 13th 2015, 12:04 am

Syron: "That was some race, still got points at the end though."

Travel: "Results were exceptional! I'll take 6th. Thank the team for the amazing car today!"

Coops
Crew Man
Crew Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovenami November 13th 2015, 12:37 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Rovenami on November 13th 2015, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Rovenami
Rovenami
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 13th 2015, 6:31 am

Cavy: I was thankful for the great finish we got today, despite not winning I'm happy we ended the race like that, I had a 2 hour signing before the race for autographs and man there were so many people in line, more than Baskinger surprisingly. It was funny after a fan told me that I'm still mathematically in contention for the championship and we both started laughing, but my ride was good while it lasted!

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan November 13th 2015, 7:04 am

Rovenami wrote:
Spoiler:

Lel no! She'll be back next year. That accident wasn't nearly that bad!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LHP14Florida November 13th 2015, 5:35 pm

James: Okay, I want to make something clear. I had no intention of racking Dj Kurtis. I respect him, even despite being punched in the face, And I did not mean for that to happen. I was breaking to let him and the 88 by, giving him back his lap, and I messed up, I realized that. I would gladly give my win to him. I am sorry to red bull, Vincent Allen, and everyone involved. I need to be punished, I do not deserve a championship after that.
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 November 13th 2015, 6:02 pm

Shock Jr: "...Red Bull should be banned as long as him[Shelly], let alone one race then. The driver code by ARCSOA is clearly broken now. Let alone, they are playing favorites now. You don't make things into a freaking Royal Rumble match. It went into a riot, and someone kicked me in the gut! And he was wearing a Red Bull uniform! I was already out of the race, I had to cheer a future teammate! I'm not happy, I'm hurt, and I'm checking to see if there was an injury caused by that kick."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by LHP14Florida November 13th 2015, 6:29 pm

James: Listen, ARCSOA, I did not want to start that fight. I was going over to apologize. Honestly I should've parked the car after the incedent, and discussed it, but I wanted to at least finish the race. But Kurtis should at least have handled himself with or dignaty than that. Also, Mckane has better get a big enough lead, because I am coming after him in 2 weeks.

Delic: I really hate driving sometimes. We were wrecked in practice, then again in he race. Then, some red bull guys attacked my wife (Amy Shelly) outside our hauler and she got a black eye. Man, red bull dragged everyone into it. Yes, she was wearing a cathenix shirt, but she was an innocent. Red bull needs a penalty, maybe for at least a race. Also, I don't hate Riuciu, but sheesh, there was no need to take out Mckane. I think it was retaliation for the wreck between Shelly and Mckane in practice that I was caught up in.
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by AAllen22 November 13th 2015, 8:31 pm

Vincent: "Look, I just wanted to apologize to James for my actions, I was stupid for letting my emotions get the best of me and it was an immature thing of me to do. I was just so angry that all the hard work this team put into this car got wasted thanks to that incident. Also I'm hearing about my crew members and other people on my team attacking people cheering for Shelly and even his own family..... Let it be known that if these people aren't fired by Red Bull and arrested........... You can consider me gone. I'll take any penalty leveled at me by ARCSOA, I deserve it. I also want to try and get in touch with James to talk things over. This violence and other bullshit won't solve a damn thing."

AAllen22
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Back to top Go down

Round 18 of Connecticut  Empty Re

Post by LHP14Florida November 13th 2015, 8:37 pm

AAllen22 wrote:Vincent: "Look, I just wanted to apologize to James for my actions, I was stupid for letting my emotions get the best of me and it was an immature thing of me to do. I was just so angry that all the hard work this team put into this car got wasted thanks to that incident. Also I'm hearing about my crew members and other people on my team attacking people cheering for Shelly and even his own family..... Let it be known that if these people aren't fired by Red Bull and arrested........... You can consider me gone. I'll take any penalty leveled at me by ARCSOA, I deserve it. I also want to try and get in touch with James to talk things over. This violence and other bullshit won't solve a damn thing."

James: I understand your reaction, I am willing to overlook it. I made a terrible, terrible mistake, and you had every right to attack me. But next time, lets just keep it between us. I understand that you had no control over your crew, and I accept any apology and I extend extra apologies to you. I screwed you and I will accept my punishment.
LHP14Florida
LHP14Florida
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 November 13th 2015, 8:46 pm

LHP14Florida wrote:
AAllen22 wrote:Vincent: "Look, I just wanted to apologize to James for my actions, I was stupid for letting my emotions get the best of me and it was an immature thing of me to do. I was just so angry that all the hard work this team put into this car got wasted thanks to that incident. Also I'm hearing about my crew members and other people on my team attacking people cheering for Shelly and even his own family..... Let it be known that if these people aren't fired by Red Bull and arrested........... You can consider me gone. I'll take any penalty leveled at me by ARCSOA, I deserve it. I also want to try and get in touch with James to talk things over. This violence and other bullshit won't solve a damn thing."

James: I understand your reaction, I am willing to overlook it. I made a terrible, terrible mistake, and you had every right to attack me. But next time, lets just keep it between us. I understand that you had no control over your crew, and I accept any apology and I extend extra apologies to you. I screwed you and I will accept my punishment.

Shock Jr: "...A broken rib... A broken rib that, 'hooligan' in a RB jumpsuit gave to me... I hope he, along with the other idiots hat blew it out of proportions get fired and never come back. But... I must admit that in this, things patched up between two drivers that could win a championship in Season 20. A 15 year old kid should not have a broken rib this early in his life. I wish ARCSOA could see this, see this resolution, and some answers. Now."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming November 13th 2015, 9:07 pm

Pericles:" I forgot you were so young. If it helps, I'll cover the bills from the hospital>"
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 November 13th 2015, 9:22 pm

Thenos: "...Nick, I'm sure he won't take it. He has his winnings for that. I think he would thank you, but now's not a good time. He is just a kid and sleeping on my arm."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by RedViperGaming November 13th 2015, 9:44 pm

Pericles:" Alright, I'll give him space."
RedViperGaming
RedViperGaming
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan November 13th 2015, 10:12 pm

Kenny: Wait, how did Shock get involved in all this? My head hurts, and a whole lot of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Hell, I'd even pay Kyle's medical bills. He ought to use his winnings for his own personal stuff at age 15. Not to cover his medical bills!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 November 13th 2015, 10:52 pm

Shock Jr: "...I just want this whole thing to end. I just want to move onto next week, and just get in the car. Injury or not I want a win in this series. And I guess a fight's gonna get that prepared for it..." *Cough* "...Damn this still hurts..."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by MrKyleBusch1 November 14th 2015, 12:14 am

Shock stay out of this because you should not be getting involved and for Delic, don't try anything either.

Red Bull Owner: Due to the action after the race, the crew cheif, pit crew and engineer have all been suspended for next race. They will be replaced by the crew of the 02 car that is runned by Rodalfo Omega. As for Allen, this is a warning because I can't say I'm proud by I'm on your side with the situation. Just do not let your actions take over you. Do it again or you are gone for a race. Understood?
And going off topic, great job by DJ Kurtis with the win here today!!!!!
MrKyleBusch1
MrKyleBusch1
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down