Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud9 Racing has found a driver with sponsorship

+2
Mr.YAMP
FUEL
6 posters

Go down

Cloud9 Racing has found a driver with sponsorship Empty Cloud9 Racing has found a driver with sponsorship

Post by FUEL March 9th 2017, 1:33 am

Cloud9 Racing's #34 team lost sponsorship from Taco Bell after failing to qualify a handful of races after being promised to be advertised on the race track by being in the races. Cloud9 Racing said if they could find another partner to hop on board with the team they will field their #34 car again. Well a week later, Cloud9 Racing has found a driver that has sponsorship. Cloud9 has signed on Harriet Jones, otherwise known as Grandma Jones. Jones use to be in many racing series that was going on way before the Sony Cup Series was ever even thought of. Jones has never won a race but was a racer in the mid 50s to 60s in the Winn-Dixie Grand Tour Series that raced around south and was known as making headlines in the newspaper as being an African American Lady racing in a white man's sport during a time where equality to whites/blacks rights were segregated.  Jones has raced and worked on cars with her husband, Terry Jones, all her life. Harriet was much faster than her husband so she was the driver of their home race team for many years while her husband stayed working on the car most the time. After Terry Jones died in 2000, Grandma Jones stopped racing for the most part and worked at a car dealership in her town these past few years until wanting to come back racing. The Jones name is very popular and with Harriett being so old and having kids and grandkids the name Grandma is what many call her.

Grandma Jones will be making her debut on the dirt track in Springfield, a track Jones has raced on quite a bit and actually ran in the first ever Springfield race in 1961. Grandma Jones said with a news journalist earlier this week that, "I'm just so blessed to be able to get to drive a race car again. To be able to do this again is very special. Prune Juice use to always sponsor me back in the day and when I called them up they were happy to help me out on getting back to the races. After Terry's pass I thought racing for me was over... but after hearing this team in the news looking for sponsorship I thought maybe this could be my chance back. I plan on showing these young whippersnappers that a 76 year old woman can still kick their hinney."
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Cloud9 Racing has found a driver with sponsorship Empty Re: Cloud9 Racing has found a driver with sponsorship

Post by Mr.YAMP March 9th 2017, 11:32 am

Davis: facepalm
White: facepalm
H. Davis: facepalm
B. McGriff: facepalm
B. Owens: facepalm
OOC: facepalm
Mr.YAMP
Mr.YAMP

Back to top Go down

Cloud9 Racing has found a driver with sponsorship Empty Re: Cloud9 Racing has found a driver with sponsorship

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 March 9th 2017, 11:38 am

OOC: My jaw dropped
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan March 9th 2017, 12:56 pm

OOC: Pay drivers!
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing March 9th 2017, 2:17 pm

Dodd: I sure hope Grandma Jones can qualify her way into the race, could you imagine the storylines... And The amount of Media attention this race would get?!?!?!"
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FUEL March 9th 2017, 5:14 pm

Noah: The only reason she has that ride is just because Cloud9 Racing is basically begging for some spotlight on their team. An African American lady at the age of 76 behind the wheel surely will do so. However I have heard of her before and I'm shocked to see her make this move back to racing. Especially in the SCS.
FUEL
FUEL
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

https://www.youtube.com/FUELTheBandicoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 March 9th 2017, 5:16 pm

Finguy: "...Apologies sponsorship... But what in the fuc-"

Transmission Error, Come back in 5 minutes
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum