Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 9 of Michigan @ Michigan International Speedway

+6
Hsuorttocs
CJ Racing
f1fan
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Finnish909
FitzwaterAustralia59
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 9 of Michigan @ Michigan International Speedway Empty Round 9 of Michigan @ Michigan International Speedway

Post by f1fan July 10th 2017, 3:55 pm

OOC: I have decided to retcon all previous storylines about this race. 

ARCSOA apparently breaches no competition clause with PWCOM 

ARCSOA's trip to Michigan International Speedway has drawn numerous concerns by the motorsports community. Specifically those involved in the new upstart league, PWCOM. PWCOM and ARCSOA are competitors on the world stage. Due to the presence of PWCOM, the majority of overseas races that ARCSOA has previously run in have capitulated. However, PWCOM relatively has a very small American market right now. ARCSOA CEO Jeff Kelly has mentioned how the previous ARCSOA administration led by Vijay Pushanda, had "made a bad deal with PWCOM." Kelly then stated, "We will no longer be bullied by this upstart racing series. ARCSOA has made an agreement to not go outside of the Americas in order to allow PWCOM to grab a stronghold there. However, we feel we should have free reign on what tracks we run in North America and South America." 

PWCOM officials are expected to make a statement on the matter.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 9 of Michigan @ Michigan International Speedway Empty Re: Round 9 of Michigan @ Michigan International Speedway

Post by CJ Racing July 10th 2017, 4:49 pm

PWCOM's President/CEO Responds to ARCSOA's "No Competition Clause" Breach

Lucas Grant:"We are extremely disappointed with ARCSOA's decision to breach their contract, and then to lie about an additional agreement we did not make. We never said or agreed that ARCSOA could not go overseas, simply that we could not go to the same tracks that are on each other's schedule. That was the deal, and unfortunately ARCSOA has broken their end of the deal, which shows the lack of character and respect that they have for the motorsports community, something that I expect will not be taken kindly to in the future."

Because of this "breach", PWCOM is expected to make some changes to their schedule.
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Round 9 of Michigan @ Michigan International Speedway Empty Re: Round 9 of Michigan @ Michigan International Speedway

Post by johnnyracer24 July 10th 2017, 5:25 pm

Arndt: A very interesting move going to Michigan, but still have the possibility to win this one.

Davis: We were excited to try out a bullring where we wouldn't have to worry about our engine power, but this also works well for us. We will be working on our A700 set ups as well during the weekend due to Auto Club and Michigan being literal twins of each other.
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

https://www.reddit.com/user/johnnyracer24/

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 10th 2017, 8:06 pm

ARCSOA to test new aerodynamic package at Michigan

One of the big concerns with the American 700 has been the pack racing. It has been discovered that ARCSOA is attempting to combat this issue by spreading out the pack at Michigan. If the new aero package works, they may implement it for 12th running of the American 700. 

ARCSOA driver Kenny Myatt stated, "Every year going into the American 700 we have a bunch of good drivers get taken out in a massive crash caused by pack racing. I would rather the field be spread out for the American 700 and Michigan in order for us to actually race. Make the cars a bit of a handful to drive. It may not be the most interesting race for the fans at the beginning of the race. But I feel that more cars will be in contention at the end of the race that way. Effectively, we will lessen the 'need for survival' in the American 700." 

No word on what other drivers feel about this potential change.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 July 10th 2017, 8:11 pm

Haddix: Bring back pack racing. It's a lot better for us lower level teams to have an equal chance to win.

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs July 10th 2017, 8:17 pm

Roush: I hate this idea. It will just make us faster, it won't change the racing at all. All this is doing is making the racing even more dangerous. not sure what the hell Will was thinking
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing July 10th 2017, 8:19 pm

Dodd: "I guess this isn't a bad idea for the A700, although I don't get why you would use a points-paying race to test an idea that could easily backfire, and quite possibly make a difference in the Overall Championship picture. I would rather go a few days early and test at Auto Club instead."
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide July 10th 2017, 8:26 pm

Shepherd: I already got injured once in the A700, this doesn't make me feel any better...
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 10th 2017, 8:56 pm

Kenny: The cars aren't going any faster. In fact I am going slower out there. We just don't have any grip in the corner. Straight line we get about the same speed. The corners are like driving on ice though.

Kenny: Handling actually is a factor now.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 July 10th 2017, 11:15 pm

Arndt: I'd rather keep it the way we have been going instead of the field spacing out and going as an over glorified time trial session with the possibility of engines expiring even more (really don't want to go through that, thank you very much).

Davis: Our one chance at winning this race was if we were pack racing. Now if the package is like this, we don't even know if we have the slightest chance of making the field.
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by FitzwaterAustralia59 July 11th 2017, 1:29 am

Fitzy: Im glad im not racing here full-time anymore but this track is a horrible idea for a AES Event. Someone is going to get killed out here
FitzwaterAustralia59
FitzwaterAustralia59
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 11th 2017, 8:04 am

Kenny: This race is not going to be dangerous... We are going faster down the straights, but slower in the corners. Our lap times are slower than they would be.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 July 11th 2017, 1:32 pm

Finguy: "...You know, I hope the AES officials factor in the fact that still. MIS and Auto Club still have different surfaces. The track here has to deal with the winters here in Michigan thanks to the snowfall which would need in time a new surface for the track."

"What works here, might not work in the American 700..."
Finnish909
Finnish909
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 11th 2017, 2:22 pm

OOC: The new officiating body in ARCSOA isn't that smart.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TW 5 24 Reddit Racing July 12th 2017, 11:56 am

#Bring The Pack Back Hastag It -Vince Freeze
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
TW 5 24 Reddit Racing
Engineer
Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 12th 2017, 11:43 pm

Kenny: I like being parked near Beka Haddix, Maddie, and Vance Caldwell. None of them make any noise.

Kenny: These new drivers don't party like some of the older ones do. That's what I like about them. Even back in the early days of the series, Noah and I partied a bit too hard.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ Racing July 13th 2017, 12:23 am

Dodd: "My form of "partying" is playing a game of Axis & Allies with my friends, drinking some Mountain Dew and having a pizza or two haha!"
CJ Racing
CJ Racing
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hsuorttocs July 13th 2017, 1:05 am

Roush: I like to race online in RaceRoom... That is always fun
Hsuorttocs
Hsuorttocs
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 July 13th 2017, 8:25 am

Haddix: "OH, you'll hear a party on the fifth (of August). Birthday girl!"

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 July 13th 2017, 4:35 pm

Arndt: Apparently I party too much. I guess spending time working on the car after practice is over to fine tune it and then going to the motorhome, play a few video games and eat a bit then falling asleep is too loud. Sometimes I join Dodd in Axis and Allies, but not that often.
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BugattiNightRide July 13th 2017, 6:16 pm

Shepherd: Partying? What's that?
BugattiNightRide
BugattiNightRide
Race Winner
Race Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 16th 2017, 10:13 am

OOC: Once my mom actually gives me some alone time in the camper to run the race, I will... Recording is so much easier at home.
f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nhood53 July 18th 2017, 11:28 am

20th. Another week, another good top 20 finish.
Haddix: "A great race, yet another one that Katie got to see with her kids. Was not really confident in our car, but that caution helped us out a lot."
Prognates-Anderson: "Boy did she do a good job staying in front of Nick (Pericles) during that early run. Thankfully the caution saved us. Did you hear about that one Yug that's in the 700? That's crazy!"

nhood53
I Like To Post A Lot
I Like To Post A Lot

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnyracer24 July 18th 2017, 12:30 pm

Arndt: John Arndt declined comment post race as he left as soon as he got out of the car

Davis: This did not go the way that we were wanting. We must attempt to reboot and try again. But we seem to be very much screwed come American 700 time
johnnyracer24
johnnyracer24
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan July 18th 2017, 7:02 pm

f1fan
f1fan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next