Offline Host
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turner Performance Racing news/thread

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Turner Performance Racing news/thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Turner Performance Racing news/thread

Post by JJRacer89 August 14th 2018, 10:40 pm

Raced over in Iowa for the first race there for the series. Loaded up on a good corn-filled dinner the night before, so we hoped it would fill our cars the same way. At first it did, then my car's power slowly started to go away, going from the lead to falling a lap down before the finish. Jake's crew tried a two-tire strategy which bit them on the long green flag run. On the bright side, nice pickup from Carson who clinched 3rd after starting 22nd. We'll be cruising over to Michigan for some consistently fast speeds in the next round!

C. Scott - 3rd
Baskinger - 23rd
Turner - 25th
Hoffman - 33rd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Turner Performance Racing news/thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Turner Performance Racing news/thread

Post by JJRacer89 August 27th 2018, 11:51 am

Gosh lol, I've been letting these posts go late. But we'll go ahead and recap Michigan. Jake, the man with the plan in the #97 had an excellent weekend, winning the pole as well as the race! 2-mile speedways are definitely his forte, as I'm glad he pulled off another win at this type of track. Carson knocked off a good top-10 result, I got a piece of a wreck but came home close to a top-10. And Caleb was involved in that major accident on the back straightaway with Shelly, Rodriguez, Pascoe, and others. Thankfully everyone's gonna be alright in the long run.

Baskinger - WIN
C. Scott - 7th
Turner - 11th
Hoffman - 37th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 August 27th 2018, 12:18 pm

Up in Elkhart Lake, WI for the 23rd race of the season. Pretty good race for us I do believe! Although any of us didn't come away with the win, which I congratulate Dajon Weeks for acheiving, getting three of our cars in the top-5 is outstanding! Jake and Carson had pretty constant races, while I had to overcome an ill-handling car before pit stops. Fortunately I was able to pick off my competition one by one up to the podium! Not a bad outcome considering the series hasn't raced here since season 6. Entertaining the whole way through!

Baskinger - 2nd
Turner - 3rd
C. Scott - 4th
Hoffman - 21st
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 September 3rd 2018, 1:04 pm

Got done tackling the Lady in Black. No, really. I immensely tackled her! Had to use a PCP after qualifying, that was one to forget. But in an odd twist of fate, we had no cautions and that allowed me to pick off my competitors one by one, until I eventually got to make the winning pass on Nick Mace! Very pumped to have pulled off this feat with such a great race car. Good work by everyone else to bring their rides home in one piece.

Turner - WIN
Baskinger - 8th
Hoffman - 15th
C. Scott - 22nd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 September 16th 2018, 2:16 pm

Made our second trip to New Hampshire last time out, so we'll quickly go over that. My race was a whirlwind. Led the field to the green but by lap 2 I was on pit road to change a flat tire, going a lap down. Then Shelly got bounced off of Caleb and into me and ended up crashing him. Tried to loosen up Jordan Fisher later on but our bumpers locked up the wrong way and he wrecked. Despite all that went awry for me on the track, I still had a bunch of speed in the car and was able to climb up to 8th! Carson got in a pile-up on the front straightaway, and Caleb got into a wreck down the back. Jake was the only one out of us to stay incident-free if you think about it, while he ended up second to Dajon Weeks. That 38's been on a roll lately, might have to watch out for him more often.

Baskinger - 2nd
Turner - 8th
Hoffman - 31st
C. Scott - 35th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 September 16th 2018, 3:39 pm

Went out west again to Las Vegas, at last we're back racing here again. And it was worth the wait! Lots of championship twists, and there's still a long way to go yet. Dajon Weeks led a lot of laps until wrecking into SP3 before green flag stops. I was on pit road then, and restarted on the tail end of the lead lap. Then came Caps & Mace's turn to lead for a bit, then Fitzwater blew up and Caps ran into him out of turn 4. Caps tried to keep going, but spun by himself coming out of the pits. Jordan Davis slammed into Caps, then Mace came around and ran into Davis. So there went my title rivals just like that. That left it up to Jeffery Lynn to battle with Jake for the win. Jake was able to outsmart Lynn with lapped traffic, got into the clear, and won his 4th race of 2018! I recovered to get 12th and maintain the series points lead. With enough good luck on his side, I bet Jake won't be left out of the championship equation.

Baskinger - WIN
C. Scott - 8th
Turner - 12th
Hoffman - 23rd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 September 24th 2018, 12:56 pm

Well there you have it. Returning from roasting our tails off in the desert at Phoenix. Been a while since we raced here, but it turned out okay for the most part. Nick Mace was the dominator of the race, leading every lap but one. Jake was trying all he could to reel him in while approaching lapped traffic, but just didn't have enough time. For Jake, he's either finished 1st or 2nd in 5 out of the last 6 races! I fell back outside the top 20 in the early stages, then a yellow came out when I needed it and my crew made the best changes possible to my car. Drove it up to 9th at the finish! Carson had a consistent day, ending up in the top-20, while Caleb's engine unfortunately let go before the green flag. Inside of 10 races to go, you can't let your guard down at all if you wanna climb up to a higher spot in the points.

Baskinger - 2nd
Turner - 9th
C. Scott - 19th
Hoffman - 42nd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 October 2nd 2018, 11:46 pm

Competed at Richmond for the second time this year. It had the same kind of feel to it, with long green flag runs and very few yellows. Jake's #97 was on rails the whole weekend, starting from the pole and leading the majority of laps. The one untimely caution threw most of us off though, as I went for a spin trying to avoid Jeffery Lynn, among others. And Jake fell back a few spots after the pit cycle. But being the experienced racer he is, he patiently took down his competitors, finally making the winning pass on Matthew Rodriguez and riding off into the distance for another victory! Can't say enough about how superior he and his crew have been during this portion of the season. Hope he keeps it going for a while!

Baskinger - WIN
Turner - 5th
C. Scott - 16th
Hoffman - 23rd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 October 18th 2018, 11:36 pm

Took an off week for the series, spent it going to Talladega! But we won't get there for a few weeks. South Boston is where we raced at recently. It was all good and dandy until the yellow flew during pit stops, then it became a wreckfest from there. Carson and Jake got bruised up the most from those wrecks, but the racing angels kept my car scratch-free and allowed me to escape with a top-5. Next race will take place in the Windy City!

Turner - 5th
Hoffman - 22nd
C. Scott - 29th
Baskinger - 34th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 October 22nd 2018, 11:15 pm

Most recent stop on the tour was in Dillon Young's home track of Chicagoland! This is a speedy place, fortunately Jake and I found our strides early in qualifying and qualified well. Carson was the winner of this race one year ago so he was confident to come back here. The race didn't fail to entertain the fans, as there were an adequate amount of yellows to slow the pace down. Sadly Caleb was among one of those yellows, but so was one of my title competitors, Dom Caps. During the final stretch of the race, the other three of us didn't have anything for the guys ahead of us, but got to see a thrilling side-by-side battle for the win. Huge congrats to Sean Harple for getting his long-awaited first win. Nice work by Carson to have another good run here. Get yourselves ready for Talladega!!!

Turner - 6th
C. Scott - 9th
Baskinger - 12th
Hoffman - 39th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 October 30th 2018, 2:04 pm

Well we've returned from the craziness at Talladega! And this place lived up to it's hype once again. We raced with the same package at Daytona in the summer, with no restrictor plates. So the speeds we saw were super fast. And with that speed comes potential danger. Jake got sent into the fence in turn 3 after he and PJ Williams made contact. Then later, Carson got involved in a major crash out of turn 4 that saw him go for a wild ride, along with William Brock. Latest I heard was that Brock got injured, but Carson should be fine. Then it was up to Caleb and I to contend for the win. On the final lap, Caleb was able to follow Matt Daleo around Eric Burton going into turn 3, I was hoping to help him but I got loose and it killed my run. Caleb got up to Daleo at the line but Daleo held him off. Props to him for getting back to victory lane again, but I know Caleb will get his turn eventually.

Hoffman - 2nd (best career finish to date)
Turner - 9th
C. Scott - 37th
Baskinger - 41st
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 November 12th 2018, 11:35 pm

Joint post here! Round 32 of the Charlotte Roval and round 33 of Cali have both been run, so the recaps of both races look like this:

The Charlotte Roval was definitely the wackier race out of the two. I won the pole, and beat Hayden Kline to lead the opening laps. Then he and I both short-pitted, which didn't prove to be good to me since I made a mistake through the bus stop which resulted in me getting clobbered into by a couple guys. Jake and Caleb had their own little entanglement in the final chicane, there was little room for both of them to go. And Carson ended up on his lid for the second race in a row. But the car wasn't too badly hurt so he continued. Nick Mace, however, ended up with the best race of everybody, getting the win, and gained a lot of ground on me for the points lead. Thankfully my team never gave up on me, and salvaged as many spots as we could with a beaten and bruised race car.

Baskinger - 12th
Hoffman - 21st
Turner - 26th
C. Scott - 28th

Next was the 33rd round of the season at California. A much calmer race compared to the spring race, with a lot less "Kline"ing going on. Pretty much went green the whole way, with Jake, Sean Harple, D.J. Kurtis, and Dillon Young being the top dogs all day. Kurtis looked like he had the win in the bag, until it seemed something was going wrong under the hood of the #19 car. Which allowed Young to swoop on by and collect his first win in a year. Kudos to him for collecting a rare win, and at least it feels better for us to score a couple top-10's again. 3 more rounds to go on this year's schedule!

Baskinger - 3rd
Turner - 6th
C. Scott - 26th
Hoffman - 31st
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 November 20th 2018, 10:18 am

The series went back to Atlanta again this year for another race at a fast facility. Qualifying was a nightmare for a bunch of people, ranging from engine failures to crashes. I was amongst one of them, which resulted in me having to start in the rear. Thankfully once the race got it's rhythm, I steadily made my way up through the field, and even got to challenge Matthew Rodriguez for the lead. Then that's when the engine went kaboom, and I retired out of the race. Hoffman got caught up in a pile-up on the backstretch, and Jake and Carson managed to slip away and finish the race in good shape. But thanks to Nick Mace finishing in the top-5, now my points lead is shrunk to an all-time low of 9 points. Still two races left, the momentum can still be swung in my favor.

Baskinger - 10th
C. Scott - 12th
Hoffman - 30th
Turner - 40th
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 November 24th 2018, 11:52 pm

Ol' Rockingham was our 35th and penultimate race of 2018. Such as Pocono, Cleveland, California 2, and a few other races, this race was immune from yellow flags. So having a good pit stop, and pitting at the right time determined if you would have a good day or not. I gotta say, Nick Mace was after that point lead like cheese on mac. He had a strong ride all night, and had good pit strategy to distance himself from all of us. He collected the win, while I struggled with my car's handling all day, adding on with faltering pit strategy, but still came up with a 9th. I'm now 4 points behind Nick going into the finale. Anything can still happen. However the best silver lining to come out of our weekend was Caleb officially clinching ROTY by finishing 18th and gaining enough rookie points for no other rookies to mathematically catch him. Nice job dude. One more race to go in Miami for all the marbles, see you all there!

Baskinger - 8th
Turner - 9th
Hoffman - 18th
C. Scott - 22nd
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 December 2nd 2018, 6:21 pm

Well guys, the 2018 season has come to a close. One final obstacle of the season at Homestead-Miami Speedway. All the talk was about Nick Mace and myself each having the opportunity to become a two-time champion. In that same light, it seems like the the cream always rises to the top in the majority of these championship finales. The ensuing battle for the lead between Mace and I was no exception.

We kept the fans standing from their seats as we traded the lead back and forth virtually all night long. Jake even got up to me a few times and helped me draft past Nick. But when we were coming down to 3 to go, the fatally timed yellow flag flew for a wreck between several back markers, and with no more time for a restart, I would finish second to Mace in both the race and the championship. But he is definitely deserving of congratulations for the race that he drove, and for the year he was able to put together. I'll just have to wait and see if next year will be my turn.

Jake had a spectacular year, being consistently fast at each race track, racking up 5 wins, and a 3rd place points finish. Weird how 1-2-3 in the points finished the same way in the race. And Caleb can now take off the rookie stripes, as he'll step into his sophomore year with plenty of confidence coming from his ROTY award.

And for Carson Scott, he undoubtedly can't be thanked enough for what he's been able to accomplish with us since 2016. All of his SCS and HNS memories, good and bad, have all come with our race team. At least he can be called a proven SCS winner. Happy to make it possible for him. We all wish him well as he pursues other important journeys in life. TJ Martin will take over that seat and get himself prepared for his rookie campaign.

Turner - 2nd (Points: 2nd)
Baskinger - 3rd (Points: 3rd)
C. Scott - 22nd (Points: 17th)
Hoffman - 36th (Points: 22nd)

2019 here we come!
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 December 5th 2018, 12:39 pm

On the HNS side of things, it's been a fun year to watch TJ Martin and James Richardson learn and grow driving our cars. Martin earned 3 wins, but came up an oh-so-close runner-up in the championship to Jake West. The two of them will fight to be the top SCS rookie for 2019. Richardson also netted himself a few wins and climbed up to the top-10 in points. He will also move up to Cup, also contending for ROTY, driving the #34 for United Emirates. Sure hope to claim more checkered flags in 2019 with James Shelly and Kyle Basaglia added to our team's roster.
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JJRacer89 December 28th 2018, 11:46 pm

This is gonna be my 440th and last post on the forum for now, apparently. Discord-ing it from now on. Looking forward to 2019 and getting to interact with you all there, as well as on Facebook. See you guys there!
JJRacer89
JJRacer89
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2